Feb. 23, 2020 — New York community company Schneps Media is seeking an unpaid editorial intern to help with digital content for its New York Family publication.
Schneps Media is the leading local media company serving New York City, Westchester, Long Island and Philadelphia. Its award-winning content reaches over two million readers per week across two daily newspapers, the largest group of community newspapers, magazines, websites, email newsletters, social media channels and targeted business and community events as well as festivals.
Editorial Intern Responsibilities:
Help with digital content generation including:
- Optimizing posts for SEO
- Conducting interviews
- Loading content into WordPress back-end
- Calendar entries
Editorial Intern Requirements:
- English, Communications, or Journalism majors or degrees preferred
- Experience doing editorial work preferred
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be a team player and have a positive and friendly demeanor
WordPress, journalism, web content, newspapers, editorial, magazine management, seo audits, writing, editing, creative writing, blogging, Hootsuite, social media, proofreading, AP style.
- relevant: 1 year (preferred)
- College credit
How to Apply
Find out more about the position and apply here