Feb. 23, 2020 — Dow Jones’ Barron’s Group has an opening for a New York City-based video/audio internship, working closely with editors, video and audio producers to help create content for MarketWatch, Barron’s, and Mansion Global.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp.
Barron’s Group is looking for a creative and entrepreneurial Intern to join its production team. You’re a smart, self-starter. You will work closely with editors, video and audio producers to help create content for MarketWatch, Barron’s, and Mansion Global.
What you’ll do:
- Edit down interviews and assist on shoots.
- Help research stories and co-ordinate production logistics and schedule interviews for video and audio stories
- Organize footage and handle other administrative duties.
- Help the podcast team on research, fact-checking, finding contextual audio materials (e.g., news clippings) and transcriptions.
What you’ll bring:
- A working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- The ability to ask questions and work independently
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of After Effects and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Canon or Sony cameras
- Exceptional writing skills
- An interest in business, finance and all the ways money makes the world go round.
How to Apply
Find out more here. And use the link to upload your resume with any links to examples of your work.