Ad Age is a daily must-read for an influential audience of decision-makers and disruptors across the marketing and media landscape.
Created in 1930 to cover a burgeoning industry with objectivity, accuracy, and fairness, Ad Age continues to be powered by award-winning journalism. Today, Ad Age is a global media brand focusing on curated creativity, data and analysis, people and culture, and innovation and forecasting.
From vital print editions to must-attend events and innovative platform offerings, its industry-leading offerings include the coveted A-List & Creativity Awards, the Ad Age Next Conference, and proprietary data such as the Leading National Advertisers Report from the Ad Age Datacenter.
Ad Age is seeking a high-energy editorial intern interested in business journalism with a special focus on marketing, tech and pop-culture.
The intern will be primarily tasked with identifying relevant trending topics and then producing (researching and writing) daily content for Adage.com.
The intern will also be involved in writing and producing videos and other multimedia and social media content; assisting reporters with their research; and, time permitting, be tasked with some administrative and data-entry tasks for Ad Age’s Creativity section.
On occasion, the intern might also represent Ad Age at industry events.
Applicants should be self-starters with excellent news judgment and have had at least one professional internship with a news organization.
- Identify trending topics relevant to Ad Age readers
- Generate content across Ad Age platforms
- Represent Ad Age at industry events
- Assist reporters with research
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a graduate journalism program
- At least one prior editorial internship experience with a news organization
- Excellent command of grammar and style
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Must be able to work onsite for a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Experience in business journalism
- Experience pitching story ideas, covering breaking news and promoting stories on social media
- A digital portfolio
How to Apply