CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China.
The network’s 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC’s global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
Internships are at CNBC’s Englewood Cliffs, N.J., work site, and are for sophomores or above with a 3.0 or above GPA. Desired background includes journalism, production, digital media, technical operations/control room, PR/communications, with strong written and oral communications schools, previous experience on a school newspaper or campus news station and previous internship experience or on-campus leaders. All NBCUniversal internships are paid and do not require course credit.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Edit and produce news stories from wires, CNBC reporters and partners
- Work closely with social media editors to help keep our readers up to date on the latest business news, grow CNBC’s audience, and craft our social voice
- Pitch, report, and write stories on a variety of topics, including careers, personal finance, entrepreneurship and lifestyle to target young people
- Training on DSLR camera operation, video editing techniques and editorial practices
• In pursuit of an associate, bachelor or graduate degree at an accredited institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. CNBC offers free shuttle service.
• Desired Backgrounds: journalism, production, public relations/communications, marketing, graphic design, English, digital media, business, research, technical operations/control room
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, project management
• Knowledge of business news is a plus
• Previous experience on a school newspaper or campus news station.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
How to Apply
Spring applications deadlines are early fall. Summer applications are due February. Fall internships have a June deadline.