Feb. 29, 2020 — Consumer Reports is looking to hire a rising junior, senior or grad student as a paid content intern for summer 2020.
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit member organization that works side by side with consumers for truth, transparency, and fairness in the marketplace. It uses its rigorous research, consumer insights, journalism, and policy expertise to inform purchase decisions, improve the products and services that businesses deliver, and drive regulatory and fair competitive practices.
- Work with the special projects team across all of our five focus areas: Health/Food, Technology, Home & Appliances, Money and Car
- Reporting, writing and research, as needed, toward creation and production of print and digital content
- The program runs from early June through mid-August, with some flexibility to accommodate school schedules
- This is a paid internship, based on an hourly rate
- Internships are on-premises
- Internships are available to current full-time undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year or graduate students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong writing, reporting, and research skills
- Passion for investigative and enterprise journalism and great ideas
- Please specify in your application if you are seeking, and your school offers, academic credit for internships. Include the contact information for your academic Institution representative
- Internships are filled on a rolling basis. It is suggested that you apply as soon as possible
Some information to note:
- This internship is located in Yonkers, New York. There are free shuttle services from locations on West 96th Street (Manhattan) and 242nd Street (Bronx) on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Interns have access to a fully-equipped gym with classes and wellness programs, a subsidized café, open for breakfast and lunch with options ranging from grain bowls to bacon cheeseburgers, and a half-basketball court for after-work pick-up games.
How to Apply
It is suggested you apply as soon as possible, as internships are filled on a rolling basis.