The YES Network, the number one regional sports network in the nation, is the exclusive television home of the 27-time World Champion New York Yankees, the Brooklyn Nets and New York City FC. YES, which has earned 95 Emmy Awards since its 2002 launch, also televises original biography, interview and magazine programs, in addition to college sports. It has been the most-watched regional sports network in the country for 12 of the past 14 years. YES has made the list of Forbes’ top 10 most valuable sports business brands in the world for each of the past seven years.
- Summer: 40 hours per week; Fall and spring: 40 or 20 hours per week.
- Work directly with the Vice President, Communications in publicizing the business and on-air activities of the YES Network
- Fulfill internal and external information requests
- Review, identify and pitch newsworthy passages within YES programs
- Research and identify possible stories and other exposure opportunities for the company, its senior executives and its talent
- Research, write and edit press materials such as press releases, biographies, fact sheets and industry awards competition submissions
- Manage online media database and photo library
- Research and maintain YES and industry ratings databases
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be a matriculating undergraduate student
- Must be able to commute to and work out of YES’ Manhattan office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Must possess excellent office demeanor
- Must be meticulous, professional, responsive and resourceful
- Must know how to conduct research over the Internet
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of the business of sports, television and new media is preferred
- Must have a genuine interest in the communications/public relations field
Paid or for credit only
There is no hard deadline for applications, but postings go up in April or May for fall and by November for spring. Interviews take place over the holiday break and into January for the summer internship.
How to Apply
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Fall 2017 Communications Intern” written in the subject line. Include brief cover letter in body of email explaining why you should be considered for this position.