April 13, 2020 — The Deadline Club has extended the deadline for its undergraduate and graduate scholarship applications until July 1, 2020. All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in journalism or journalism-oriented communications programs in the New York City metropolitan area, which includes all campuses within 50 miles of Columbus Circle, are invited to apply. The Foundation will award merit-based scholarships of $2,500 each. For more information and to submit an application, please go to this website. http://deadlineclub.org/scholarships/
The Deadline Club is now accepting scholarship applications from undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in journalism or journalism-oriented communication programs in the New York City metropolitan area, which includes all campuses within 50 miles of Columbus Circle.
This year, the Foundation may award up to $10,000 in scholarships with as many as four merit-based scholarships of $2,500 each.
How to Enter
1) Complete the application form and submit electronically. The entry period will end at 11:59 p.m. on July 1, 2020
Wed., April 8, 2020. ***NOTE*** You should be prepared to complete all required fields and file uploads at the time of submission. Please follow the file naming instructions included in the application.
2) Submit a 300-word essay (typed, double-spaced) describing your reasons for pursuing a career in journalism, your greatest accomplishments to date, and how this scholarship will help take you to the next level.
3) In 1,000-characters or less, describe the impact this scholarship would have on your pursuit of a journalism education. ***Note*** This is included as a specific question on the application form.
4) Submit three to five previously published audio, video, writing, or multimedia samples.
5) Submit two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from an educator familiar with your academic record. If the person writing your letter of recommendation prefers that you not see it, it can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that incomplete applications, as well as those that do not comply with the guidelines in the eligibility rules, will be disqualified.
Eligible students include both undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in journalism or journalism-oriented communications programs at colleges and universities in the New York City metropolitan area, which includes all campuses within a 50-mile radius of Columbus Circle. International students who will be attending college within this geographic area are eligible to apply.
Prospective students who have been accepted by a qualifying undergraduate or graduate program in the New York metropolitan area, and who plan to enroll by September, are eligible to apply provided they meet all other criteria. They do not need to be currently enrolled in a New York metropolitan area school. However, they will not receive their award until they provide evidence of official enrollment in a qualifying program; Scholarship winners will receive a year-long membership in a student SPJ chapter or The Deadline Club.
How to Apply
For more information and to submit an application, please go to this website: http://deadlineclub.org/scholarships/.
July 1, 2020
April 8, 2020