March 8 — Consumer Reports is looking to hire a rising junior, senior or grad student as a paid content development intern for Summer 2019.
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit member organization that works side by side with consumers for truth, transparency, and fairness in the marketplace. We use our rigorous research, consumer insights, journalism, and policy expertise to inform purchase decisions, improve the products and services that businesses deliver, and drive regulatory and fair competitive practices.
- Internships are available to current full-time undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year or graduate students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong writing, reporting, and research skills
- Passion for investigative and enterprise journalism and great ideas
An overview of the internship:
- Work with the special projects team across all of our five focus areas: Health/Food, Technology, Home & Appliances, Money and Car
- Reporting, writing and research, as needed, toward creation and production of print and digital content
Some information to note:
- This internship is located in Yonkers, New York. There are free shuttle services from locations on West 96th Street (Manhattan) and 242nd Street (Bronx) on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Interns have access to a fully-equipped gym with classes and wellness programs. As well as a subsidized café, open for breakfast and lunch with options ranging from grain bowls to bacon cheeseburgers. We also have a half-basketball court for after work pick-up games.
- The program runs from June 3- August 16 with some flexibility to accommodate school schedules.
- This is a paid internship, based on an hourly rate
- Internships are on-premises; we can not consider requests for remote positions
- We cannot pay any relocation or housing allowance
- Please specify in your application if you are seeking, and your school offers, academic credit for internships. Include the contact information for your academic Institution representative.
How to Apply
It is suggested you apply as soon as possible as internships are filled on a rolling basis.