HITN and the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (CENTRO) $2,500 Scholarship for Media Arts, Fall 2022
The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. (HITN) and the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (CENTRO) at Hunter College, CUNY are proud to announce their inaugural scholarship for Hunter College students majoring in media, production, journalism, or film.
The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. (HITN) is the largest Spanish-language public broadcasting network in the United States. It delivers educational programming to over 35 million homes nationwide and reaches over 40% of US households. HITN has pledged a $10,000 grant to the Center for Puerto Rican Studies to support students who demonstrate a strong interest in Puerto Rican/Latine subject matter and media production. For the Fall 2022 semester, each individual scholarship will be in the amount of $2,500.
The Scholarship recipient will be required to participate in the Fall 2022 CENTRO Internship Program where they will work with the CENTRO Media Team to create multimedia products celebrating CENTRO’s 50th anniversary. Payments will be disbursed on a payment schedule; at the end of the semester the recipient will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to apply for a second scholarship for the Spring.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Hunter College and have demonstrated interest in digital storytelling. We particularly encourage applicants from media studies and journalism, but also from fields like Anthropology, Sociology, History, and Africana, Puerto Rican, and Latino Studies.
- Complete scholarship application form
- Submit one work sample, examples of possible submission types:
- A copy or link to an original published article or blog post you have written for class or media outlet with your by-line on the article.
- A URL link or transcript of a broadcast program you have written or produced for a class or media outlet.
- A link to a narrative video created for class, media outlet, or personal site.
- Include a one-page proposal for a media product that highlights an item from the CENTRO Library and Archives collection. Learn more about the CENTRO Library and Archives at Library & Archives | CentroPR(cuny.edu)
- Provide the name of one Hunter College professor with whom you have worked or studied in the past.
All requested application items must be uploaded to the following link by September 23, 2022: HITN and the Center for Puerto Rican Studies(CENTRO) Scholarship for Media Arts – Google Forms
Should you have any questions email Rosa Cruz-Cordero at email@example.com.