After working for several months in Europe and Latin America, IMA alum Hector Canonge returned to New York City to continue with his artistic projects and launch new initiatives this Fall. Starting in September, the artist will be working on the implementation of “TALKaCTIVE,” a monthly conversation series about performance hosted at the Queens Museum. In October, Canonge will host “CONVIVIR,” an international arts residency program in his new space in Jackson Heights, Queens. For November, he brings back to the city “ITINERANT,” the annual festival for Live Action Art to take place in the five boroughs.
Upcoming presentations and programs:
– September 18: PURGA, durational performance, The Sphynx Returns, Grace Exhibition Space, Brooklyn, NYC.
– September 27: TALKaCTIVE, performance art conversation series, Queens Museum.
– October 1: CONVIVIR, launching of international residency program, Queens, NYC.
– October 3: TRIANGULATIONS, public intervention at Manuel de Dios Unanue Plaza, Jackson Heights, Queens.
– October 5 – 10: REVERSIBLE, encuentro de arte acción, Bogota, Colombia.
– October 13: LABOR, discussion group leader, NYC Creative Salon.
– October 17: TALKaCTIVE, performance art conversation series, Queens Museum.
– October 27 – 31: ARTICULAT, Festival de Performance, Valencia, Spain.
– November: ITINERANT, festival for Live Art, various locations, NYC.
More info at: hectorcanonge.net