Group Effort Initiative (GEI) is looking for NYC-based candidates to apply today! GEI strives to create a pipeline for members of underrepresented communities to get real experience towards lasting careers within the entertainment industry. GEI offers paid internships, entry-level job opportunities, on-set production assistant opportunities, mentorships and education that focuses on professional development, soft skills and entertainment-specific training.
Candidates must meet the criteria below to be considered for our program:
- Belong to an underrepresented group (i.e. people of color, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, etc.)
- Be 18 years or older
- Live locally to the NYC area
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shot
- Candidates should be at an early career level, either looking for corporate or creative early career opportunities
Corporate Opportunities: For most internships, students may be required to be currently enrolled in school. For entry-level opportunities, candidates should be recently graduated or no longer enrolled in school and have full-time availability.
Production Opportunities: For Production Assistant opportunities, there may be additional requirements, such as those listed below:
- Availability to work full-time
- Have a valid driver’s license (may vary)
- Specific department interests (Costumes, Art, Health/Safety, Camera, etc.)
Please note: GEI submits candidates for job consideration at various companies, but cannot guarantee placements as hiring decisions are up to the company’s discretion.
If you are interested in learning more and applying for GEI, please email email@example.com with (1) your resume, (2) if you are interested in entry-level opportunities or internships, and (3) that you were referred by Hunter College.
Feven Negussie (she/her)