HITN TV Television and Media Internship Program – $2,000 Stipend
In partnership with the Center for Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College (CENTRO)
The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. (HITN) Internship Program provides meaningful educational and field experiences for students pursuing careers in television broadcasting and related fields.
The program is a 15-week experience that will have students working alongside industry professionals. Selected candidates will receive a onetime $2,000 stipend at the successful completion of the program.
Responsibilities would include:
· Create a wide variety of engaging content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram) as well as Live Virtual Events, which can include both written and visual elements.
· Help manage social media channels, (Instagram, Facebook) and social campaigns for ¡Tú Cuentas! Cine Youth Festival (CYF), http://cineyouthfest.org/, ensuring that all content is on-brand
· Moderate social media communities by monitoring comments and mentions on channels during live events and provide and answer any questions posed by followers in a timely manner.
· Suggest, design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns that are reflective of CYF’s goals.
· Analyze, review, and compile reports for management showing results
· Managing and mailing email blasts (Constant Contact)
1. Be a currently enrolled Hunter College student majoring in media, film or related field
2. Be available 3 days a week – minimum of 15 hours a week. Internship is located at HITN TV Studios in Brooklyn.
3. Have a strong, demonstrated interest in Puerto Rican/Latinx subject matter
To apply, email the items listed below to Alejandro Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Resume and cover letter highlighting relevant skills, and why you would be a good candidate for this internship
2. Days and times, you will be available to intern
3. On the email subject line add, “Internship Application – Hunter College”