Dear Paley Friends,
The Peter Roth Internship Program, a comprehensive paid internship program for students interested in a career in scripted television, is now accepting applications! We invite you to share this information with your students and professors.
This program includes three key components for an unparalleled educational experience:
- Amazing access! – Interns will meet and interact with top TV executives, the most respected showrunners, renowned writers, talent, and others through guest lectures, red carpet events, and Q&A sessions, fostering the art and craft of storytelling.
- Hands-on Experience! – Students will work for the Paley Center where they will be provided practical experience and valuable understanding of the television and streaming industries.
- Diverse & Inclusive! – Using the renowned Paley Archive and unmatched collection of television programming, the Paley Center offers a comprehensive and inclusive course for students to recognize the value of diversity both in front of and behind the camera.
After completing the program, students will join a thriving alumni community with ongoing engagement and support from the Paley Center as they navigate their careers. Through the Paley intern alumni association, they will continue to receive expert advice and counsel, special networking opportunities and events, and make lifelong connections within the television industry.
MORE ABOUT THE PETER ROTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Peter Roth Internship Program is named in honor of the legendary television executive, offers 20 talented undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds, underserved communities, and underrepresented groups in the media and entertainment industry an unrivaled paid apprenticeship experience for those interested in a career developing, writing, and producing scripted content for television. This prestigious internship has been created to inspire the next generation of television professionals to embody Peter Roth’s visionary ideals including his commitment to innovative storytelling, his love for writers, and his passion for the art form of television. The program will also underscore the critical importance of nurturing a diverse array of creative voices and portrayals on television—a hallmark of Peter Roth’s career.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate currently enrolled in a college degree program at an accredited college/university.
- Applicants must be a junior or senior level student by September 2024.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher.
The selection is highly competitive and based on a combination of criteria including evidence of exemplary academic achievement and exceptional leadership skills. Students from diverse backgrounds and underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
More information about the Peter Roth Internship and a link to the application can be found on our site: Peter Roth Internship – Main Page. Applications must be submitted online by Tuesday, January 16, 2024 @ 12:00 pm EST.
Felix Moronta Perez
Human Resources Administrator | The Paley Center for Media
25 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019 | paleycenter.org
FPerez@paleycenter.org | T: 212.621.6617