SexGenLab Spring 2021 Internships Available
Digital and Social Media Intern
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
|Deborah Tolman <email@example.com>|
The mission of SexGenLab is to translate and disseminate knowledge about sexuality and gender to people outside as well as within the academy. Our work positions the most cutting-edge sexuality and gender research beyond problems, risks and minimization and towards resistance, strength and well being to be leveraged for social justice and human rights. Our tagline is “Critical Knowledge for Critical Times.” We create multiple forms of content on the sexgenlab.org website and share through social media. We use social media to build and engage audiences for these critical perspectives on gender and sexuality, issues as well as to drive traffic to our website resources.
All applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills, general research and office skills, be detail-oriented, and be interested in gender and sexuality issues and critical perspectives (i.e., feminist, queer, intersectional, etc.). Applicants should also have the ability to think creatively and implement new ideas and strategies. All applicants must be able to work independently and also as part of a team. The internship satisfies General Elective credits in the 120 credit degree. If successful, ideally positions would be extended into the Fall and/or Spring terms. Please contact David Pavlosky/Internship Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions on how to receive credit for the internship.
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
We are seeking a talented, creative self-starter for the Digital and Social Media internship at sexgenlab.org. The intern will report to the Director of Media and the Director of SexGenLab, and will collaborate closely with the Website Team to participate in the organization’s new and ongoing initiatives on digital and social media platforms. The intern will work 10 hours per week and will post on social media multiple times per day.
Applicants should have experience and confidence in using digital technologies and working across social Web platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, YouTube, Tik Tok and Vimeo. The intern should have the ability to multi-task and work independently without micromanagement, but also be a good teamplayer. Familiarity with basic Web design and development concepts, tools (e.g. Wiks; WordPress), and Adobe Creative Suite applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Premiere) is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Generate, edit, publish and share regular social media content including original text, images, and video,
● Develop a strong social media following and presence across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
● Actively engage relevant contributors and partners on all social media platforms: liking and retweeting posts, reposting news and public discussions relevant to gender and sexuality with commentary
● Develop, present and participate in leading a strategic social media plan
● Develop and implement social media campaigns specific to high-priority contacts identifying, following and interacting with high-value social media influencers relevant to gender and sexuality
● Help maintain the presentation of videos and podcasts across multiple digital platforms
● Find and create an image bank for social media posts
● Provide analytic reports on SEO as needed
● Help with various projects and tasks for relaunching sexgenlab.org