Animal Kingdom, the NY-based production company behind SHORT TERM 12, IT FOLLOWS, PATERSON, IT COMES AT NIGHT, BEACH RATS and Jim Jarmusch’s THE DEAD DON’T DIE seeks an intern.
animal kingdom: Film/TV/Sales & Packaging Intern – Brooklyn, NY
About this Role
Animal Kingdom — the Crown Heights-based production company behind THE DEAD DON’T DIE, SHORT TERM 12, IT FOLLOWS, PATERSON, and more — is hiring four interns to join our team this fall:
● 2 Film Production & Development Interns
● 1 TV Production & Development Intern
● 1 Film Sales & Packaging Intern
Over the course of the semester, our hope is that each intern will not only learn how a production company operates, but also refine their critical thinking and creative analysis skills by contributing thoughtful notes on potential projects(including, but not limited to, scripts, books, plays, and films).
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and eager to learn. This person should demonstrate superlative attention to detail at all times and a can-do, no-job-is-too-small attitude. They should also be a voracious reader and watcher.
Interns from each department will be invited to a monthly breakfast series with each of our department heads (Film, TV, Sales & Packaging, et al.) to better understand all of the various components that comprise a growing multimedia company.
Interested candidates should send an email containing the subject line “Fall Internship Application” to email@example.com and include a resume and brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position. Please articulate in your cover letter the position(s) for which you’d like to be considered.
Interns will work 2-3 days/wk (to be scheduled around class schedules) and work ~12-15 hrs/wk.
Role & Responsibilities
● Read books/scripts/plays and watch submitted films/shorts; provide coverage and analysis of the material to be discussed with team
● Support team in creation and finalization of project pitch materials
● Provide notes on existing drafts of Animal Kingdom projects in development Industry Research
● Compile & maintain lists of independent filmmaking & TV talent
● Research up-and-coming writers/directors and festival line-ups
● Support team in tracking important relationships to build in production, financing, or distribution areas Administrative
● Participate in and take notes during meetings
● Clean up and maintain informational systems (project archives, relationship contact tracker, etc.)
● General administrative duties
Please note this is an unpaid internship; course credit will be provided.