DIGITAL MEDIA ASSISTANT
Women Make Movies, founded in 1972, is a non-profit feminist media arts organization dedicated to the production, distribution and exhibition of films by and about women. A multi-racial, multicultural organization, Women Make Movies is the leading North American distributor of films by and about women. Thousands of educational, cultural and community groups use our films each year. (Please note that Women Make Movies is not a film production company.)
WMM seeks a motivated and reliable Digital Media Assistant to join our team, working in organizational marketing and communications. Activities may include:
- Digitizing, encoding, and branding clips and trailers, as well as adding watermarks and logos to promo materials as requested by festivals and press;
- Video file maintenance and organization;
- Printing and formatting of DVD artwork;
- Uploading files to YouTube and Vimeo as needed;
- Posting to social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram as needed;
- Additional administrative and creative projects as assigned by supervisor.
- High attention to detail, great communication skills, punctuality, an ability to work well in both team and individual settings, and possession of a pleasant, can-do attitude;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Premiere;
- Ability to navigate social media platforms;
- A knowledge of media file formats and an interest in film and women’s issues is preferred;
- Availability to work approximately 16 hours a week from our Chelsea/NoMad office.
To apply, please send a current résumé and a cover letter of interest to Colleen O’Shea (email@example.com). Please be sure that the subject line reads, “Digital Media Assistant.”