We are looking for 2-3 interns to help us promote our new documentary Student Athlete, directed by two time Academy Award winner, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Trish Dalton, Executive Produced by LeBron James, airing on HBO Sports October 2nd. Please see a brief description of the film, the initial press release, and a description of the position below.
Description of the film: Every year billions of dollars are generated off the backs of an unpaid labor force: college athletes. Filmed in a verite style, Student Athlete unveils the exploitative world of high-revenue college sports through the stories of four highly ranked football and basketball players at different stages of their athletic careers, a coach turned advocate, and a whistle-blowing shoe rep.
The Social Media Intern will be responsible for posting/tweeting on social media channels and developing strategic social media plan for the HBO Sports documentary Student Athlete. Develop social media marketing campaigns and provides analytic reports on an as-needed basis. Work with the Director and Associate Producer on social media campaigns specific to high-priority contacts identifying, following and interacting with high-value social media influencers. Managing calendar and events for Student Athlete’s press roll out.
– Help setting up Facebook / twitter / instagram for Student Athlete.
– Generate, edit, publish and share regular social media content including original text, images, and video, building meaningful connections and encouraging community members to be involved.
– Research new marketing strategies.
– Respond to comments on new media platforms.
– Keeping up with all of our events and screenings and posting them on social media.
– Help reaching out to related organizations / companies to help aggregate our social media presence online.
– General up keep of all social media platforms, following news stories, retweeting, reposting, etc.
Ideally we are looking for someone with a sports background or a good understanding of college sports. Additionally, we are looking for someone who has experience with social media and some knowledge and/or experience in independent documentary filmmaking.
Please contact Associate Producer, Julia Main with inquiries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We think this is great opportunity, and appreciate any recommendations.