March 8, 2019 — CNBC is seeking a summer video intern, based in NYC near 30 Rock. Applicants should email Alana Kakayiannis directly at Alana.Kakoyiannis@nbcuni.com after filling out an internship application.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Internships are at CNBC’s Englewood Cliffs, N.J., work site, and are for sophomores or above with a 3.0 or above GPA. Desired background includes journalism, production, digital media, technical operations/control room, PR/communications, with strong written and oral communications schools, previous experience on a school newspaper or campus news station and previous internship experience or on-campus leaders.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Edit and produce news stories from wires, CNBC reporters and partners
- Work closely with social media editors to help keep our readers up to date on the latest business news, grow CNBC’s audience, and craft our social voice
- Pitch, report, and write stories on a variety of topics, including careers, personal finance, entrepreneurship and lifestyle to target young people
- Training on DSLR camera operation, video editing techniques and editorial practices
How to Apply
These are the qualifications CNBC is looking for:
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. CNBC offers Free Shuttle Service. Selected roles will be on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Summer applications are due mid-February for summer program from June – August.